Which class is your child applying for? ¿A qué clase está solicitando su hijo?
DAYS: Wednesdays and Saturdays
LOCATION: Virtual on Google Meets
TIMES: 10:30am – 12:00PM
ARTE and its instructors are very serious about this program. For it to be effective students and parents must agree to give it 100%. Students should not skip sessions and should attend EVERY session, to benefit fully from ASA. Students and Parents will need to follow the guidelines detailed below. Violation of the guidelines or the expectations established may result in expulsion from the program.
Parent / Guardian Agrees to the following:
- I will keep my child enrolled ASA program and not let them miss classes.
- I will assure that my child logs in ON TIME every session.
- I agree that my child will adhere to the student agreement terms below.
- I agree that my child respects the ASA program and all who are involved.
- Parents will select a designated spot in the home for the students to “attend” class
- This designated spot and the background will be appropriate for all users and not contain anything inappropriate.
- Child, parent and all others in home will be dressed and act appropriately during sessions.
- No loud music or other noises will happen during sessions.
- I understand pictures or images may be used by ARTE for future marketing and other purposes.
Student Agrees to the following:
- I will give 100% commitment to the ASA program.
- I will respect myself, other students, teachers and instructors.
- I will not have an attitude when in class.
- I will suggest ideas and topics for future classes.
- I will be enrolled in NHPS or other school while in the ASA program.
- I will maintain a positive disciplinary record in school with no suspensions or expulsion.
- I will stay in school and maintain at least a 90% attendance record or better.
- I will stay out of trouble and not be involved in negative activities outside of school or ASA.
- I will work hard toward the goal of getting into college or technical school.
- I PROMISE to Think Big!! & Dream Big!!
What To Do:
- Avoid distractions.
- Find a location that will help you be productive.
- If possible, choose a spot that is quiet.
- Be Professional. Clean up what is visible behind you to ensure that it is not distracting or inappropriate.
- Be Your Best Self! Treat others with respect, be kind, be aware of your tone, and always use appropriate language.
- Since it is difficult to read body language online, what you say and how you say it matters more.
- Be Prepared. Make sure your device is charged or plugged in so your computer doesn’t power off during class.
- Follow Directions. Your teacher will establish expectations about appropriate conduct.
- Log in early to avoid technology issues, log in to session 2-3 minutes early.
What Not To Do:
- Don’t keep your microphone on. When you are not speaking, mute yourself.
- Don’t take pictures or screengrabs of others. It is not allowed!
- Don’t send private messages. If your teacher allows you to use the chat feature, messages should be posted publicly or shared directly with your teacher. Private messaging with classmates is not allowed.
- Do Not Invite others. Your siblings, friends, or others not enrolled in the class are not allowed to join you.
By submitting this, I grant permission to ARTE and the instructor to conduct this on-line programs with my child. I give my child permission to log on and take part in these sessions. I attest my child and I have read and understand all the rules and guidelines to participate and will abide by them. I understand my child will be removed from the program if he/she or anyone in our household breaks these rules. I agree to not hold, ARTE, NHPS, the School, Instructor, funders, or anyone associated with the program liable for any reason. My electronic submission signifies my acceptance of these terms.
I agree my child will attend every session and not miss classes. I also understand my child will keep their cameras on at all times while participating. Estoy de acuerdo en que mi hijo asistirá todos los sábados y no faltará a clases. También entiendo que mi hijo mantendrá sus cámaras encendidas en todo momento mientras participa.
I agree with the terms and details above. / Estoy de acuerdo con los términos y detalles anteriores.